OK - so I got "what I wanted" last week and got back up closer to my goal range, with some more "real-life" situations (heavier clothes, more water). These things ARE real-life. How many times am I going to go to the doctor and weigh in with my yoga pants on having not drank any water for 4 hours? Yeah. . .not gonna happen. And really, I want to weigh what I weigh for REAL. So - if you're looking to lose weight - DO IT REAL. I think if you weigh in, weigh in in the regular stuff. Real clothes, after you've had a normal day of eating and drinking. Don't weigh in right after you eat a huge lunch, but be real about it. But make sure you weigh in in clothes that are very close to the same each week so that you aren't weighing the difference in your clothes! It DOES make a difference!!!
Matt has 3 challenges that I have presented him. He had to pick one a week. The 3 challenges were 1. eat breakfast, 2. eat more fruits and veggies, 3. exercise 4-5 days a week. He decided to do breakfast this week and I'm happy to report that he has eaten breakfast everyday this week (or at least that's what he told me. . .hard to tell. I'm not there! I trust him :) ). This next week's goal: 4-5 days of exercise!!!! He needs to also keep up with breakfasts. Then the following week - FRUITS AND VEGGIES. I think I might have to add a week 4 - water. He needs to make sure he's taking in more water than pop. I'll pick my battles for now ;)
Thanks so much for reading - if anyone still is!!!!!! Here's this week's update!!!!!
JEN:
Starting date: June 15
Total loss since June 15: 66.2 pounds
Maintained, lost or gained?: 1.8 pounds
Current weight: 145.4
Days I worked out: 5
MATT:
Starting date: August 10
Loss since August 10: 42.6 pounds
Maintained, lost or gained?: up .8
Current weight: 201.2
Days I worked out: 3
So I weighed in this week after drinking a huge bottle of water in my school clothes and was still down. I seem to be best right around 145-146. I talked with my leader and told her that I could add more points, but that would put me at over 30 points a day! I'm now eating all my 35 extra points, too, and still not getting back to my "original goal" of 150. It seems that 145-146 is right about where I need to be. So I reset my goal. My new goal weight is 146. I feel kind of bad that I could celebrate Lifetime when I haven't maintained THIS weight for 6 weeks. I'm going to check with her again and make sure she doesn't want me to restart the 6 week maintenance program, which I know is crazy, but I don't want to be a "cheater". Anyway, I'm much happier with this - I didn't want to have to try to gain 5 pounds! I feel good at this weight and I'll be happy to stay here.
Matt is doing great - staying within 2 pounds over. He ate more of his 35 weekly points this week than normal, which is why he feels he went over. Next week could be his lifetime week no problem!
Tune in next week. . .
No comments:
Post a Comment