Hello, Readers!!!!!
Ok, so I was on spring break last week and just couldn't seem to get a blog in and done. . .I didn't go to my WW meeting because I was in Wisconsin, and I was only home Thursday and part of Friday and then we were off for a whirlwind weekend in Pittsburgh - back Saturday night! Yesterday was Easter celebration at church and with our family, so no post last week.
Now for some more brutal honesty. I have been lying to YOU and to WW. Each week when I go to weigh in, I'm stressed out. I look at that range, 144-148, and I want to be in that, but I'm not. And now what you're thinking is, "you're above that, and you've been lying about it? Not cool, Rahde!" No!!!! I'm BELOW that. Weighing in pretty steadily at home around 140. Each week I chug a huge bottle of water before my meeting to try to get closer, but that's not honest. I wish I could say I was truly upset about it, but I'M NOT. I'm just sad that it took me so long to realize that it's not a bad thing! Now that I'm a WW Lifetime Member, I can be below that range and still maintain my status. WHEW! And trust me, I am eating PLENTY. My daily points total is almost as high as Matt's, who weighs 60 pounds more than I do!!!!!! This week I weighed in without chugging. Here's the update:
Today's weigh-in update -
Goal weight range: 144-148
Last week's weight: (well, I weighed at home - not at WW - and it was:) 139.8
Current weight: 140.0
Days of exercise: 7
Matt's weigh-in update -
Goal weight range: 198-202
Last week's weight: 202.0 - he weighed in as normal at home, but I wasn't here! With clothes on! He's in the range! WOO HOO!
Current weight: 202.0!!!
Days of exercise: 5
******SOMETHING NEW ON THE BLOG*********
If you look over to the right, you'll see I've added "Monthly Miles" to my blog! I'm going to keep track of how much I'm running each month and see where I can go!!!!! I ran when we were away on trips on the treadmills - and did really well. I'm happy to be going back to road runs. However, I got a little over-confident and didn't ice my shins as I always do after my run on Saturday. I'm still hurting today. I iced last night and will ice tonight and hopefully will be able to do a run tomorrow or Wednesday. I've definitely learned my lesson!
I traveled to Wisconsin last week to see my sister. It was so wonderful to spend time with her in her home and with my nephews, Kris and Josh and my niece, Carolann and her daughter, Juni. The last time I was there, Kris had been involved in a kitchen fire at home, he had just been released from the burn unit and we were nursing his burnt feet. It was great to be there without crisis, just to visit. We took in tons of thrift store shopping, hot tub soaking at the hotel, and just good eating and visiting. (yep, WW girl CAN EAT!!!! ;) ) I'm so excited because I get to see Gwen again in May for my Mom's 70th birthday celebration!
Matt and I had such an awesome weekend in Pittsburgh. We took a terrible route to get there - Google maps said it was the fastest way. Perhaps it was the shortest way, but it was certainly not the fastest. I guess they don't figure in being behind tractors and hitting every red light in every tiny town between here and there! Once we got there, our hotel room was gorgeous, we had a great night with friends at Stomp - 2nd time I've seen it and loved it just as much! Saturday I got up and ran on the treadmill like a good girl :) and then we headed for Station Square to do some shopping. We found some great Penguins gear, went to Primanti Brothers for lunch (AMAZING sandwiches in the Pitt area - NOT healthy at all, but a great treat once in a while!), and walked to the Pens game! One of the last games in Mellon Arena before the new arena opens next year! I guess we have to go back to see it! :) No problem! It was a nail-biter of a game - the Pens were down 3-2 with only minutes left in the 3rd period. They scored to tie and we went into sudden-death OT. The Pens were able to score and WIN! We had great seats and traveled home via freeways much faster and had a great night at home Saturday night.
As we continue to celebrate our Lord's resurrection, I pause to thank that same Lord for all my blessings.
No comments:
Post a Comment