Thank you for checking in! We're 8 weeks past our goal week and livin' the life! I can see how it could be so easy to become complacent; so easy to fall back into bad habits. However, because I have made lifestyle changes, I keep going with those and don't let myself look back. I am keeping contact with my accountability partners. Some are maintaining, like me, and some are trying to lose - no matter what, I need them as much as they need me! They help keep me on track! Thanks, girls!
Today's weigh-in update -
Goal weight range: 144-148
Last week's weight: 145.4
Current weight: 144.8
Days of exercise: 7
Matt's weigh-in update -
Goal weight range: 198-202
Last week's weight: 201.4
Current weight: 201
Days of exercise: 5
So - Matt took a point off each day so that he could try staying in his healthy range while wearing more clothing. He's kept up with breakfast, eating 3 servings of fruits/veggies a day (it's a stretch, but he does it ;) ), and working out most days! He's doing really well. I think he could push those workouts to be a little more challenging on himself, but that's up to him! SWAT school is coming up in July - officially, I believe - and he really needs to be ready! He has set a goal this week to find SWAT-preparation workouts to supplement what he does on the elliptical. He says there are a lot out there that will help him get ready for school. His job this week is to up his water intake to no less than 5 glasses, find those supplemental workouts and plan a schedule. GREAT JOB, HONEY!!!!!
I did some strength training this past week. It's been a while. It KICKED MY BUTT, literally. I did a combo of lunge/squat exercises last Monday and was finally able to get back on my elliptical Wednesday evening. YIKES! I'm going to keep up with it so that it will help my endurance on the elliptical, and when it's warmer - my runs. I'm also hoping for a "pencil-test" butt for bikini season! Does anyone else know about the pencil test? It's a little nuts, but now I want a pencil-test-passing butt!!!!!
I had a MAJOR VICTORY on Saturday!!! I did 4 miles on my elliptical in 45 minutes. It was hard, I had to take a few breaks to make it, but I did it! On Sunday, I went for 3.1 miles - which is the distance of a 5K and was able to do it in 34 minutes (with some breaks. . .) I want to be able to keep up that pace and slowly work out those breaks.
I was able to receive a SILVER MEDAL in Barb's Winter Olympic Step Challenge! I ended up with more than enough for silver - 81,100 steps, but not enough for gold (over 100,000). I had two 12,000+ step days, a couple 10,000+ days and a few days under that 10,000 mark, but did well overall. I am continuing to wear my pedometer - I find I'm much more aware of how much I'm moving when it's on! My goal is to keep up with 10,000 step days every day this week starting today!
I'm looking forward to warmer weather and clear sidewalks. I would like to start testing my legs out on the road! June is right around the corner, and that means so is my 5K! (And my California vacation - with a bikini!!!!!)
I'm not sure where the blog goes from here, so this is what I'll keep doing for now. Any thoughts, my dear followers? :) Love you!
1 comment:
I want to hear about your life beyond weight loss--how are you guys keeping yourselves healthy in your marriage, spiritually, with your jobs, etc--you seem to be doing it all!
Post a Comment