Monday, March 8, 2010

A little of this, a little of that

Today's weigh-in update -
Goal weight range: 144-148
Last week's weight:  144.8
Current weight:  144.6
Days of exercise: 6


Matt's weigh-in update -
Goal weight range: 144-148
Last week's weight:  201
Current weight: 203.4 WITH A FULL OUTFIT ON - he's hoping to have that down next week!
Days of exercise:  5

    Matt found some supplemental workouts to help prepare him for SWAT school, so that's great!  He's hoping to add some of that to his workout routine this week.  I got some ellipticalling in this week, some RUNNING, some Pilates - a little of everything!  I had my first run over the weekend. . . I ran Saturday and Sunday both.  I was VERY pumped - I ran 1.3 miles Saturday without stopping to walk.  That is a HUGE first for me!  I was very excited and wanted to do that again Sunday.  Sunday my legs were pretty tired, but I did run again.  I got my 1.3 miles in, but had to walk some in between.  I'll be running again tomorrow (Tuesday) since it's going to be 52 and sunny!!!!

   So - let's get a little personal.  If you're reading this, chances are, you've read my blog before.  It's even possible that you've read my blog from the beginning!  I've gotten very personal - sharing ups and downs in my weight loss - sharing how much I previously weighed - which was SCARY TO SHARE!  I feel like I can take risks and get personal with  my readers :)

   As many of you know, we lost 2 babies last year to miscarriage.  A lot of people ask how we are doing and if we're planning to try again (and soon).  We are doing ok with all of this!  February 23 marked one year since our first miscarriage.  It was hard to believe that it had been a year already - it's still so tender to think about at times.  However, we have come so far.  To be honest, after losing the 2nd baby in June of last year, I truly believed that I didn't want children anymore.  Matt and I have a great life together.  We travel, we cuddle, we talk, we're free to do as we please without anyone else to worry about.  I was so scared to try again, I truly thought the answer was to not try ever again.  I realize now I was letting the fear of another loss get in the way of my dream of being a mom.  In January, an opportunity for something different came across our plate.  I don't want to go into details, because we decided not to pursue it.  However, I wondered why God would put such an opportunity in front of us if it was so clear that it wasn't right for us at that time.  Then, it hit me.  Through the process of making decisions, I regained my strong desire to be a MOM.  I hadn't felt that way since April of 09 when we started trying the 2nd time.  The desire is still with me, and I think we plan to do something about it. . .not today.  :)  Not this week, or even this month.  Sometime soon.  You won't hear about it for a quite a while, but don't give up on us and please say prayers for peace.  We need peace throughout the trying process (WHEN we start trying :) ), we need peace to stay calm once we are pregnant, we need peace to help us make it through the first 12 weeks.  You'll hear about it when we're far enough along that I feel comfortable sharing with everyone :)  But in the meantime, please just pray for us and please keep reading my blog!


Love you all.


(Here is a copy of the after picture that I had taken at the camera shop in town.  The manager is a WW leader and donates after pictures to Lifetime members.  I'll include my before picture as well for comparison's sake one more time)

First pic - End of May, 2009 - 211.6 pounds - size 16 pants!

Second pic - March 3, 2010 - 144.8 pounds - size 4 pants!





1 comment:

Jaime said...

praying for you for sure! and, that before picture isn't horrid....it's YOU. It's the you who first said "I want more!" You should be proud of her, too. I am! And, you have already been made a mom. Two beautiful babies in heaven. I'm so happy to hear you are keeping your hearts open to the possibility again.

oh, and we all know where babies come from, so have some fun! (hehe, someone had to say it!) oh, too much, huh? ;)