Monday, October 26, 2009

A week of frustration

Ok, so this week has been a bit frustrating.  I have been trying to not weigh myself every day, but let's face it.  I'm crazy.  I weigh myself every day.  Matt doesn't - he's a good boy - weighs in once a week (unless he's doing it when I'm at school and I don't know!  Hmm...).  So after my VERY successful weigh-in on Monday night last week, I was up 3 pounds Tuesday!  I didn't go crazy eating or anything - and as of Friday morning was still up 2 pounds!  Very frustrating and confusing.  I was doing everything the same - started P90X this week again and love it (although the Plyo workout almost killed me) so got LOTS of exercise in!  I kept doing the right things and decided not to give up, knowing what the scale says on Monday nights is what counts.  Here's how tonight ended up after all that:


JEN:

Starting date: June 15
Loss since last week:  .4 pound 
(I AM SOOOOO HAPPY ABOUT THIS! Yay for going DOWN and not UP!)

Loss since June 15:  42.2 pounds!  WOW.  Just hard to believe. 

Weight to lose to next goal:  7.8 pounds

To FINAL goal:   16.4 pounds - THAT'S FINAL AND OFFICIAL.
To my original goal:  9.4  pounds.  I want to lose more than that now, partly as a "buffer zone".  I don't want to be over that original goal, so I'd like to lose more than that to give myself some wiggle room.


MATT:

Starting date: August 10
Loss since last week:  1.6 pounds

Loss since August 10:   31.4 pounds!!!  The man is a machine!

To FINAL goal:  12.2 pounds.  This is the goal he's working toward!  Way to go, baby!  On your final goal!

It doesn't surprise me at all that I (Jen) had a slower week this week.  At the rate I had been losing over the last month, I was definitely due a slow week.  Tune in next week!!! :)

3 comments:

Liz said...

Great job, both of you!

I hope that once you are at your goal weights, you'll be able to figure out how to incorporate activity--both intense and just plain ol' fun--into your daily lives so that you can maintain a healthy weight and healthy lifestyle for the long term. :o)

Unknown said...

we are working out a lot already! Very active right now!! Thanks, Liz for always checking in on us and for your support!

Randy and Janna said...

Lots of cheers for you on the P90X thing. Randy is doing it right now and I've done a little here and there and man is it tough! I can't even express how impressed I am after seeing that! What dedication!