Monday, August 9, 2010

Let the busy season BEGIN!

I'm so excited about the months ahead, but it's going to be NUTS!  I have classes starting, bridal showers, 3 weddings, late graduation parties, baby showers, baptisms, and all ending with my family's traditional Apple Butter making! 

     When I look at that list, it could be "scary", because we're looking at a lot of money and time spent GOING, GOING, GOING.  However, what a GREAT celebration of life the next 2.5 months are going to be?!  My niece's stepson celebrated his graduation and they are also in a new house with their twin daughters and newest daughter, Teagan.  Two of my favorite girls from high school are getting married and one of our best friends from college, too.  My neighbor is having twin girls (yay for me being so close!!!).  One of my best friends is having her daughter baptized, and we've been asked to be Godparents.  How can you not step back from this and say, "Wow, God is so good."  Our last wedding is October 2nd and Apple Butter with my family is October 9th, and that's one of my favorite days of the whole year.  You know how people ask you what your favorite holiday is?  If I could, I would answer "Apple Butter".  My sister, Gwen, comes home from Wisconsin every year and the whole family is together - pretty much the whole weekend. It's an amazing time each year and I look forward to it as soon as it's over.  Oh yeah, and the Apple Butter tastes good, too. :)

     So yeah, God is good.  Never hurts to turn a busy, stressful 8-10 weeks ahead into what it should be - a true celebration of the best things in life.  Like you.  Thanks for reading.  :)

No comments: