Thank you all for your nice thoughts, prayers, etc. for my interview last week! I think it went well and now it's time to wait. Dr. Barclay says that I should expect to hear 3-4 weeks from my interview, so end of July is what I'm hoping for. I'm very excited about this opportunity at Walsh. I really hope I hear from them soon and can get started on my way to having my school counseling license!
I finished my 3rd race of the summer today. I ran the North Canton YMCA 5 mile race today. I was very upset about one thing - I had to walk some. Not much, probably a minute or a little more. My legs, for a change, felt great. No knee pain during the run at all. However, it was SO hot. SO HOT. I got so tired and had to take a break during the last 1.5 miles. I ended up running it in about 51 minutes - a little over a 10 minute mile. With having to walk some, I was very happy with that finish time. I know I could have done better, and was hoping for a finish around 50 minutes, so that was about right with my walking. I just love to run and am looking forward to my next race, which will probably be a 5K in August. I'm hoping to drag Matt along with me.
Matt is back on the losing weight train. He has let some of his good habits slide. I am hoping that he will be on track and back to where he needs to be soon. He is hoping to lose more this time and be closer to 190 instead of 200. He has decided to join WW himself instead of just using me as his guide. Not that I don't do a good job, but I don't like the feeling that I'm "nagging" him about habits sliding, weight going up, etc. This way, he will be able to be accountable to WW, not just us. I'm REALLY excited about him coming to meetings with me!!!!
I am loving summer vacation. I have read 3 great books and am going to start another soon. Life is good and I thank God every day for what we have and how He protects and blesses us.
Sorry this isn't a blog full of "inspiration" :) Just one to say hello and update you all on the life of Jen. Thank you, as always, for reading. Say prayers for me and the things to come.
2 comments:
It's still awesome!
It's still awesome! I enjoy reading it just to know how you're doing and looking forward to this time next year when I'm on the other side of MY fitness goals. Keep it UP!
Post a Comment