What does that mean? I promise I'll tie it in later. If you didn't catch it, there was a mid-week post about my RIF letter. It's the "End of an Era" post - go ahead and check it out if you want details. In the meantime, I have 13 days left of teaching. 14 total days left with Stow. . .not that I'm counting. I'm really done. I'm ready for the drama to be over. I normally don't feel quite this strongly about the end of the year, but this year - I really do.
I'm also STILL RUNNING (except yesterday, rest day - and apparently today is rest day 2 - COMPLETE UNEXPLAINABLE EXHAUSTION - I'm guessing either sickness coming on or stress getting to me - or both! yippee. . .). I'm still loving it. Even on days when I don't want to go out, once I hit the pavement, I'm ready to keep going. My mind wanders. I've always heard runners talk about how they can think such deep thoughts while running and I always thought, "HOW?! I'M FOCUSING ON NOT DYING HERE!" Now, my runs are a big part of my "me" time. I use that time to conquer the problems of the world - ok, of my small piece of the world.
So the title of my blog this week brings me to my "deep" thought to leave you with. . .while Matt and I were in Boston this past weekend (which was a BLAST), we were riding the subway, and I saw a man get off and walk toward his home. I remember thinking, "Where is he coming from? Why is he going home at 1? When did he go to work today? Does he work part of his day from home? Is he married? Does he have kids? What are the highs and lows going on in his life right now?" I realized, of course, I would never get those answers. I saw him for a brief moment and will most likely never see him again. It was just a reminder of how big our world is, and how small my problems are in comparison. Yes, I lost my job. Yes, we have had miscarriages. So have countless others. Others have lost so much more. Just a moment to put my life in perspective and keep it real for myself. And also - to praise my awesome God. Seriously - He knows all of those answers about that guy, and He knows all those things about me. Pretty amazing.
It's not who you knew, it's not what you did, it's how you lived. Check out the 2nd song on my playlist at the bottom if you haven't already. It's a goodie.
No comments:
Post a Comment