I'm figuring out life - one breath, one step, one day, one week at a time. Isn't that what we're supposed to do? I know that's true. However, sometimes I fool myself into thinking that I know what's going to happen and that I'm in control. Let's face it. I'm a God-fearing woman, and I know that He has a plan for my life. It might not jive with my plan, but I trust Him, because, come on! HE'S GOD. You know, creating the universe, counting the hairs on my head, all that - He earns the right to have a plan and I know He knows what's best for Matt and I. So here's what all that means:
On the shallow end, I'm still looking for that right points limit for me right now. Trying to find what will keep me right where I am - no up, no down. I don't mind little ups and little downs, but it's the big swings that get me. Like before last Monday I saw some days at 136. This week, I saw some days around 141. Now - here I am on Monday and reporting right where I should be. Who knows!!!!
I got a call Saturday from the union president who told me that this RIF is pretty much all but done. I think that it has to be approved by the Board before my letter comes out, but I don't know that for sure. If so, the next Board meeting is next week on Monday, meaning the letter could come anytime from Tuesday the 11-Thursday the 20th. Apparently they have to tell me for sure by the 20th. We'll see! I'm ready to know and have it done. 21 more teaching days left this year, and with all this going on, I'm really ready to be done and out of there. Ready to move on!
I am studying for my entrance exam for Grad School, which is next week. Need to finish getting all the paperwork done for that so that I can be accepted and get that moving! Once I get my official letter, I will ask that I be changed to full-time status at Walsh as well.
Running is still going well, but I had some pacing issues last week. I was all over the place and my long run was slower than last week. However, this week, I decided that if I wanted to take a break, I had to leave the watch running, so I didn't take a break! I'm keeping going - and should be up to 1.4 miles starting tomorrow on my "daily" runs. I do 4-5 of those per week, and then my long run on Sunday. This week my long run goes up to 3.6!
Feeling a little down and weird about everything - I think I'm just ready to know what's going on and be done. Other uncertain things are going on that are starting to worry me, as well as figuring out how much I need to eat. Grr. Just say prayers that I can find some peace in things that are going on, as well as getting definite answers. I'm used to being the "roll with it" girl and it's getting to me more than normal this week. . .
21 more days. . .(22 total teacher days)
(Yay for personal days and doctors appointments in the next 5 weeks - otherwise it would be 26!!!! I have them, I'm going to lose them, so I'm going to USE them!)
No comments:
Post a Comment