So today we finish weigh-ins for September. It was a very hard weekend for so many. We honored Damon this weekend with calling hours Saturday and an amazing funeral service and full military honors Sunday. Surprisingly, I didn't go overboard eating. I kept hearing Barb (my WW leader) in my head saying, "If food isn't the problem, then eating isn't the answer." I am learning that eating will not make me feel better. It may taste good, but it will end up making me feel worse - either physically or mentally. Instead, I found myself praying a lot when I felt sad and depressed. Saying prayers for Damon to be at peace, saying prayers of comfort for his family, saying prayers for the men and women serving our country that Damon left the mission to.
This week's weigh-in update:
JEN:
Starting date: June 15
Loss since last week: 3.6 pounds!!!
Loss since June 15: 33 POUNDS!!!
Weight to lose to next goal: I met my latest goal!! So weight to lose to NEXT goal: 7
MATT:
Starting date: August 10
Loss since last week: 1.8 pounds
Loss since August 10: 19.8 pounds!!!
Weight to lose to next goal: .2 pounds - he'll be there NEXT WEEK!!! I'm sure!!
A good week for us, especially since it was so hard. Good to remember that during hard times, eating non-stop will not make me feel better.
1 comment:
You guys are doing amazing! 33 and (almost) 20lbs is incredible!!!! We are really proud of you. You're on your way to a new you and a better you.
Also, please accept our condolences on the loss of your friend. Sending you hugs and sympathy.
-Liz and Jon
Post a Comment