You're 29.
You have a wonderful husband and a beautiful baby boy.
Life, as you know it, is amazing.
One day, it all changes.
This is my friend, Amanda. Her husband, Mike, was recently diagnosed with an aggressive form of stage 3 brain cancer. The surgeons were unable to get all of the tumor. As with many of these horrible diseases, there have already been complications (air pockets, infections, falls...). Amanda is trying to juggle being a loving, caring, devoted wife, a new mom (to baby boy Noah, born May 18, 2012), and an advocate for her husband's care (which, sadly, has been the hardest job to date). They are living in New Mexico and recently, Mike was in the ICU in El Paso, TX. It has taken quite a financial toll on their family so far (and this only has been going on a month to date), and it will only continue to get worse.
I want to run for the Doblers. I am running the Akron Half Marathon (my first half) on September 29th. I'm very excited to run this - for fun - but this even adds another dimension to it. Knowing all of you are cheering me on AND helping this amazing family would just make that run even sweeter.
Please take some time and visit Amanda and Mike's site on Caring Bridge to read their story and follow their journey. Then consider donating to help them with the rising medical, food, gas, etc. costs that they are facing. My goal is that my fundraising for them will raise at least $1000. If you decide to donate, please send me an email (hotrahd12@yahoo.com) or message me on Facebook (or write on my timeline), so that I can keep track. I was going to fundraise through the race, but I can't find a way to get it to go directly to Amanda and Mike except through the site they are already fundraising through. Thank you!
Here is the site to donate:
http://www.gofundme.com/x3h7c?utm_source=sendgrid.com&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Emails
If you aren't able to donate, I KNOW that the Doblers appreciate all positive vibes and prayers of hope that you can offer.
Thank you!


1 comment:
I will keep them in my prayers, Jen...I also just place them on our prayer list at church. Would love to donate, do I just use the link that you provided?
Post a Comment