Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The end of an era...for real this time

    It is official.  I can officially tell all of you what I've now told my employers and my students.  I'm leaving Stow at the end of this school year, which is Monday.
    It was a really hard decision to go back to Stow this year and leave Kate for all that time.  It was a decision Matt and I decided needed to be made for our family.  And the decision to leave has been equally hard.
    I have accepted a position working as a Graduate Assistant at Walsh University where I am pursuing my master's degree in Counseling.  The hours will be more flexible and there is NO commute.  I won't have any work to take home from this job and will actually get a chance to work on class work while on the job.  It's a much better fit for my family, but wow am I going to miss these kids.
    The MS and HS kids at Stow have taught me so much and I wouldn't trade this year.  It was so hard to miss that time with Kate (I do believe I missed over 200 nursings...), but she has developed a connection with Matt that she may never have had without this opportunity.  My students are amazing and I will miss them all so much.

I am thankful for the chance I had to work one more year at Stow with THESE great kids, I'm thankful for God helping me through this year (which was very stressful and hard on our family at times), and thankful for the ability to make the right decision for my family.

Onward and upward.  Excited to see where the road leads next...

No comments: