My blog is still here! Good to know they don't delete these when you're inactive for over a month...yeesh.
Here's the catch up. Kate is awesome, she's NOT sleeping well, she's babbling like a brook, we have thrush (round 3...which I think is the cause for lack of sleep), she's rolling over all over the place, and she's awesome (I think I already said that).
I've really stuck with Weight Watchers since Kate was born, and have lost A LOT of weight. I had gained WAY too much while pregnant, way more than I wanted to, but I'm about 24 pounds away from where I want to be, and back in size 8s again! YAY! Lovin' being back in single digit sizes. More importantly, I'm in the "healthy weight range" for my height. I'm at the top of it, but I'm IN IT. So good to know I'm considered in a "normal" weight category again! I'm not able to exercise as much as I'd like, but I'm learning to adjust, and can make sure I'm eating healthily, which helps on the days that exercise doesn't happen.
I'm almost finished with summer semester - 2 more "meetings" to go for this class - one lecture and the final. It was a good class, my 2nd of the summer. 3 classes this fall, but only 2 at a time (2 of them are 8 weeks long and split the semester in half, and the other is 16 weeks). People often ask me if I'm almost done with my degree and I LAUGH. First, they forget I only took one class in the spring, and 2 this summer. And second, this masters program is LONG - like 60 hours long (And I'll be adding a couple electives to that, too, so make it 66). Just how it is. Being delayed with the pregnancy and Kate is part of it, but I'm also getting 2 licenses - one in school counseling and one in mental health counseling - which includes practicum and TWO internships. It's going to be a while...like 2014...(not kidding).
I've been watching my two great-nieces while their parents are at work this summer. Their day care situation wasn't good, and I LOVE having them here. They're incredibly polite and so much fun. Definitely gives me an idea of what being a mom of 3 might be like, but I love how they help with Kate and how they interact with each other (most of the time...of course there is fighting :)). I hope that Kate turns out something like these girls someday.
In the meantime, I'm loving being a stay-at-home Mom and know that there are definitely more kids in our future, and more time at home for me. Definitely the best and most challenging job I've ever had. I've never had to work 24 hours a day before. No clocking in or out here. My time card is always active, and I wouldn't have it any other way.
Approaching 30 and realizing that my 30s have the potential to be the best years yet. So excited to know that I have a wonderful husband, beautiful daughter, and am healthy to start this next decade. Couldn't ask for more...except a few more little ones running around :) (not for a while yet :))
No comments:
Post a Comment