Sunday, June 26, 2011

Remember when...

I used to blog once a week.
I used to read books for fun.
I used to watch tv every day.
I used to walk out the door empty handed.
I used to snuggle in bed with my hubby all morning.
I used to sleep all night.
I used to stay out late.
I used to have a couple drinks.

I used to not be a mom...

I didn't have Kate's smile.
I didn't have Kate's hugs.
I didn't have Kate's giggles.
I didn't have her fingers, toes, belly, nose...
I didn't get to play with Kate.
I didn't get to read with Kate.
I didn't get to share Kate with my friends and family.
I didn't know what it was like to love like this.
I didn't have Kate.


Would I go back?

No.  Would you?  Maybe.  But maybe you don't have a Kate.

3 months.  Wow.

1 comment:

Jaime said...

Tears, smiling, tears :)