Monday, May 16, 2011

I stink at blogging

TOO MUCH TO DO!  

I miss blogging! 

   I'm back to exercising thanks to Dr. Wilson, and I definitely did miss it!  Running is definitely a lot harder with the extra weight that I am carrying around these post-pregnancy days.  Weight Watchers is a great program for me to lose weight "responsibly".  I would love to lose 3-4 pounds a week, because I'll get back to my magic number faster, but that's not healthy for me or for Kate.  This way, I keep the calorie level where I need it to keep my milk supply up, but still lose weight at a steady rate.  I keep reminding myself that slow and steady weight loss leads to PERMANENT weight loss.  And, maybe next pregnancy, I will learn to gain weight responsibly...oh well, hindsight is definitely 20/20.  My WW leader asked us last week why losing weight is a priority.  My response - Kate.  I have a new view on what it means to need to be healthy.  I want to be a good example for my daughter and be around to play with her and her kids for a long, long time. 

    In the meantime, being a mom is awesome.  Kate is growing SO FAST.  Every Monday night, I think "skinny, skinny, skinny", because it's my WW weigh-in night and Tuesday I think "fat, fat, fat" because that's Kate's weigh-in day at breastfeeding group.  :)  She's over 10 pounds - up almost 3 pounds from birth, and 3.5 inches taller than when she was born.  And that's before tomorrow's weigh-in!  :)  She's smiling, laughing, playing - it's wonderful.  Every day brings something new.  I was meant to do this.  I was meant to be a mom.  And here I am. 

I thank God every day.




An extra Roo picture for my special friends who read the blog :) 
HOW CUTE IS SHE?!

No comments: