Tuesday, April 26, 2011

What I have learned in a month...

-  4 hours of sleep is A LOT.
-  Breastfeeding can be the most amazingly rewarding thing - and the most frustrating - all at the same time.
-  I have a huge capacity to worry - more than I ever thought possible.
-  I have a bigger capacity to love than I ever thought possible.
-  Cloth diapers are not as hard as everyone says.
-  Parenting is just as hard as everyone says.
-  Parenting is even better than everyone says.
-  Even if the birthing experience wasn't exactly what I wanted - my healthy baby is all that matters.
-  White noise, pacifiers, swaddle blankets - yep, they all work.
-  I didn't register for everything that I needed - and registered for stuff I didn't need.
-  Nurses, lactation consultants, and moms (my own and other moms!) are the best resources I could ever have.  Books are good, too.
-  Pregnancy was great, but this is better.
-  Google search can be evil.

And lastly - and most importantly -

- I will never be the same.

Happy 1 month birthday to the 2nd love of my life (I also learned this month it's possible to have more than one of those, too).

No comments: