Friday, April 22, 2011

Hello, Old Friend

Wow.  So being a mom means giving some things up - maybe my blog?  NEVER.  Just not as faithful. 

Here's what's going on.  I have a baby.  She's beautiful, she's growing, she's sleeping, she's awesome.  I freak out on a somewhat regular basis about something - my milk supply, her milk intake, "IS SHE BREATHING?!", etc.  Other than that, motherhood is better than I could have ever imagined.  Around feedings, I'm trying to keep up with her milestones calendar, her journal, tracking my Weight Watcher points and walking.  I haven't scrapbooked, which is sad, because there's been so much already.  All in good time. 

   I am back on the Weight Watcher train - trying to lose the mom pounds.  I will admit that I gained more than I ever thought I would while pregnant.  The reasons were 2 fold: #1: I felt "free" from Weight Watchers and gave in to MANY unnecessary temptations and #2: I continued to run until I was 9 weeks pregnant, at which point I began to spot and almost fainted during a run.  Instead of continuing to walk to keep myself in some decent shape, I got mad and just stopped all exercise until week 37.  No matter what the reason/excuse, I have a lot of weight to lose to get back to my goal weight and back in my size 4 jeans.  I HATE that I'm still wearing maternity pants, but I don't have a ton of "big sizes" left, because I never intended to get back into them.  I refuse to go out and buy these sizes.  My punishment is a few more weeks (only weeks, I hope) of wearing maternity pants until I can squeeze my butt back into those other sizes that I do still have - which are still far, far away from size 4.

   I'm walking again.  Not allowed to go back to strenuous exercise yet, which is ok, because walking is plenty for me right now.  I'll be walking at the mall a lot because it's cold and rainy, but it's still walking!

    Kate is 4 weeks old tomorrow, and ONE MONTH OLD on Tuesday.  As happy as I am that I've had her in my life for a month already, I'm CRUSHED that a month has passed by already - SO QUICKLY.  I know this is only a taste of how fast my time with her is going to continue to go.  All I know is, she's beautiful, she's wonderful, and she was DEFINITELY worth the wait - and the weight.  Every single pound.

2 comments:

Jaime said...

That last line--Well said! I wish you'd wait even longer, but I understand the desire to be back to the size and fitness you worked so hard for just a year ago. Just follow that little baby's lead, like you've been doing. One thing that helps me is to think that when my daughter is in the exact same place someday, what will I tell her to do? Then do that :) Much love, wise mama!

Trisha W said...

Don't feel bad either. I'm STILL wearing maternity pants because I had lost over 35lbs before getting pregnant and had gotten rid of all my bigger clothes....so now is the hard part. But it was totally worth it. Kids are pretty awesome!