Saturday, February 26, 2011

Is it crazy?

We're so close.

33 days away from our due date.

The nursery is almost completely ready (we want to get a crib skirt and valance, but that's it!).

The car seat is in the dining room, ready to be installed.

The stroller is put together.

The monitor is charged.

Laundry (some, not all) is done.

The bags are ready to be packed.

There's a part of me that is nervous.  We've been hurt in the past, and we can't focus on that.  Look at how far we've come.  Look at my beautiful belly.  I can feel this baby move, kick (MY RIBS!), stretch, roll.  There's no reason to fear.  Trust in God. 

Please say prayers of comfort for me in these next weeks that this baby is safe, healthy and ready to be home with us.  Here starts a lifetime of worry, right? :) 

2 comments:

Jaime said...

You are incredibly strong, and your body was perfectly created to bring this baby safely into the world!

At church, if you think about it, flip through the Gather book until you find the song You are Mine: "Do not be afraid I am with you. I have called you each by name...Come and follow me, I will bring you home...I love you and you are Mine." When I was so worried during J-man's pregnancy, it brought me so much peace to hear it. I am praying for you to feel the same these next few weeks!

You are going to make great choices during labor and have a great support team. Now's the time to read some beautiful birth stories and BELIEVE what is TRUE--you were born to do this.

“We have a secret in our culture, and it’s not that birth is painful. It’s that women are strong.” – Laura Stavoe Harm

Cassie said...

Thinking of you a lot lately! I was just telling Alan today how you and Matt are going to be amazing parents.

I cannot wait to learn from you and your experiences when Alan and I have children. You are an amazing woman and this baby is already so loved by so many.

Breathe. It is an adventure, but it is one that you've chosen and one that will bring so much joy.

Love you girl!
~C.