Tuesday, October 26, 2010

IT'S A. . .

BABY!!!!!!!!!!

      We had an ultrasound today for a 2nd part of a genetic screening test.  All looks GREAT with Roo.  Well, I shouldn't say ALL, because we didn't SEE all.  When the ultrasound tech came in, she asked if we were interested in finding out the gender today, and we said (emphatically) - NO!!!!!  When it came time to look at that area and check out Roo's hips and bladder, etc., we closed our eyes and looked away!  But we got to see amazing things.  Roo moving like crazy (which I could also feel :)), his/her beautiful heart beating away, feet, hands, arms, legs, spine, face, nose, head - and it's all so beautiful.  We are so in love.  Roo is kicking away.  I started feeling flutters at about 15 weeks - and was sure I was imagining it.  At 16 weeks, I was sure.  Little flutters and now - kicks.  I can still feel flutters, but there are definite movements here and there, and Matt and Mom were able to feel them on the outside of my belly for the first time last night (10/25). 

      Some very minimal things happening with the placenta - it's right now "in the way".  It's blocking the baby's way out.  :)  It happens to a lot of women and often moves out of the way in plenty of time for delivery.  What this means for us is - MORE PICTURES!!!!!!!  We will have more ultrasounds to keep checking on placental placement to see if it's in the right spot.  If it doesn't get where it needs to be, we'll be scheduling a c-section to get Roo out.  Either way, we're just looking forward to cuddling and loving on our precious miracle.  Please continue to say prayers for us - we will take them the whole way through.  I truly believe that the love, support and prayers that we and our baby are getting make a HUGE difference!!!!!

So yeah, it's a baby.  :)  If you really want to know - - - - - - - - - - it's most likely a boy or a girl.  :) 

Here are the pics one more time!
My baby's beautiful foot.  The little stinker wouldn't hold still to get them both at the same time :) 


Arm and hand :) 

This is the baby's face straight on.  The head is down and centered.  The large dark part of the oval is brain, then the eyes are to the left of that, the nose and mouth.  The abdomen is starts to the left and goes out of the picture.

And Roo's awesome profile.  :)  Amazing the little stinker held still to get it! :) 

2 comments:

Sam said...

I love seeing the new pictures! Also, I never knew you had a blog set-up. I'll be thinking and praying for you, Matt and the baby.

Aunt Linda said...

Super! I'm so excited for you!