Tuesday, October 19, 2010

WOW

So its crunch time at school right now - MIDTERM.  I have 2 exams - one this week, one next.  I have papers due and flying out of everywhere and the reading is just as intense as it was.  So, not a long blog today, just letting you know I'm feeling the pressure, but also loving the learning happening at Walsh.  While I have my seriously stressed out moments, I'm so happy to be doing what I'm doing.  I think all the time about what a blessing this all is.  How great it is that I'm home and can be less stressed (that does sound funny after the last few statements) than I would have been working full time, taking a class or two and being pregnant.  God has watched out for us and I am seeking His guidance as I look forward to the next 2 semesters (spring and summer).  Some questions I'm pondering:

      Do I take the 8-week class in the spring so that I have another class out of the way, or will it be too much to do that accelerated of a class in my last trimester?
       How many classes do I take in the summer of 2011 when I'll be starting with a baby that is 6 weeks old?  Do I take a full load or start with less and then go back full time in the fall?

If you have great insight or opinions, please feel free to share.  In the meantime, I'm taking a nap ;)

Hugs to you all - 17 weeks on Thursday!  Please continue to pray for Roo.  I should have an updated picture to share for next week's post!

8 comments:

Amy said...

Dude! I feel your school busyness stress. You will do great no matter what you decide 'cause I know you will make the decision that's best for your family. But my two cents is: less is more. It would be better to take a lighter load with a 6-week-old, not only because you never know if things will go swimmingly or not, but because you will want to have the time to do your work WELL and not just "get it done" (even if you could squeeze in all that coursework required of a full load.)
Love you and love you, ROO!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh and Matt, you're kinda cool. (Didn't mean to leave anyone out.) :)

Amy said...

Why am I anonymous the second time? Is this thing trying to give me an identity crisis? Ok, this is the last comment. Promise.

No more remarks now, I mean it!

Molli said...

I agree with Miss Amy! It will be much easier to accomplish classes while Roo is still in the incubator! I love you both... and you two Amy!

Amy said...

Me "two"? Do you know something I don't??? Lol! Oh...that's a reference to my split personality? Just remember...clones are people two.

Wow...I think I should hold back on the Jamocha shakes. I've got a bit of a sugar high tonight.

Leah said...

Jen- I would do more in your last trimester and less once baby arrives. As a wise cousin of mine said when I was so eagerly awaiting Jackson, "Babies are much easier to take care of when they are on the inside." 6 weeks post baby you may not be sleeping and your hormones will still be out of wack, you can always go to school, but you only get a teeny tiny baby once (well at once with each baby -if that makes sense) so allow yourself to savor that time as a new family. :) Babies grow soooo fast! That's just my humble opinion...
You're doing a great job balancing all of this- Go YOU!

Anonymous said...

Jen, its Jenn (I don't have an account so I have to be anonymous) Here's my 2 cents Jen, since Walsh has classes that start mid way through the semester I would start with maybe one, and you can always sign up for one that begins in the second half and see how it goes. It would be much easier (I think) to add a class than pay for 3 and get reimbursed, but I don't know. There are also those seminar ones that are like a week long, if Matt would be able to take baby Roo for a few days. Just saying! There.. that was my 3 cents! :)

Laurie said...

YES! Take all the classes you can before baby comes and take 0 when baby is 6 weeks old...unless maybe if it is an online course. You will be WAY too overwhelmed at 6 weeks to even think about school! Glad things are going well. :)
I sit in music class every Monday this year so far and miss you and your style each and every time I am there!