Monday, June 7, 2010

Bittersweet. . .

       Friday was my last day at Riverview, one of my elementary schools.  And now it's June 7th.  It's my last teaching day in Stow.  I go tomorrow to run our Field Day, which will be my last day with students.  I go Wednesday to tear down my room and spend my last day as a staff member.  I have to say, this has been quite a bittersweet week. 

       People always use that word, "bittersweet".  It's supposed to signify a happy moment mixed with sadness, or a sad moment mixed with happiness.  That's totally true about where I am.  I am so sad to be leaving my Stow teaching friends, my students, and their families.  I'm sad to leave my classroom.  On the other hand, I'm so excited about this next adventure.  I wrote to my staff friends today, "Time to spread my wings and see where the wind takes me."  It's so true.  This is my chance to explore what God has in store for Matt and I and where we will end up is anyone's guess.

Bittersweet...
...but you know what?  Bittersweet chocolate chips make the best cookies.  :)





PS - I ran my first 5K this past weekend!  I finished my first running 5K on Saturday in less than 27 minutes and was so happy with the way I ran.  Sunday I had another 5K with my WW friends, and I didn't run it hard, but jogged and walked with some friends from my meeting.  First 2 running races done and 2 more scheduled!  One more in June and one in July!!!!


Here are some of my favorite pictures:

Looking for the cute guy with the camera :) 



SMILING!


My friend, Jen, and I together!  Taken by the race people!  :)  



Coming back around to the stadium!



 Thumbs up as I come in to finish!  And smiling!

No comments: