My before picture - taken Memorial Day weekend 2009 at a baby shower for great friends.
My highest weight ever: 214 - size 16 - should have been 18! 16s were TIGHT.
(lost a few pounds between this and first WW night)
At Mere's wedding in July with my beautiful friend, Bethy. :)
(Weight: 197 - size 16)
In Florida in August. (Weight: 192.8 - size 14)
At Apple Butter (in October) with my accountability buddy, Melissa. We were so proud of how far we'd come! Little did we know how far we would GO!
(Weight: 173.2 - size 12!)
(Weight: 173.2 - size 12!)
Christmas 2009 (weight: 159 - size 8 pants!)
Goal week - January 2010 (Weight: 149.6 pounds - size 6/8)
Picture taken by WW leader/camera store owner
(Weight: 144.8 pounds - size 4!)
(Weight: 144.8 pounds - size 4!)
First 5K running race - June 5th, 2010
(Weight: 136.8 pounds - size 2/4 - bought my first pair of size 2s EVER!!!!!!)
My "Role Model of the Year" Essay
“When life gives you lemons, you make lemonade.” My recent weight loss journey started after suffering 2 miscarriages in 6 months, which left my husband and I devastated. The emotional rollercoaster that followed triggered bad habits, and I put on the weight I had lost the previous fall, plus an additional 15 pounds. As I looked unhappily in the mirror, I realized I had been here before.
The first time I joined Weight Watchers Online in 2001, I lost all my weight and promptly cancelled my subscription. The weight was back within 2 years, plus 20 more. Before my wedding, I decided to do Weight Watchers “on my own” – no meetings, no online tools, just me. I lost the weight, but I was “dieting” by limiting myself. The old habits quickly came back, and so did the old weight – plus 20 more. After the miscarriages in 2009, I rejoined Weight Watchers, this time deciding it was the last time; determined to lose every pound and keep it off.
That night in June I weighed in at 211.6 pounds and my amazing leader captivated me that first meeting. What I learned each week changed my life. Losing weight takes being in control of what I eat, not letting it control me. Since June, I have tracked every bite I have put in my mouth, even on the bad days. Exercise has been a huge part of my journey, and I can do things I never thought possible. My meetings are my “me time”, and I make them a priority. The friends I have there keep me accountable and are invaluable to me. In addition, I started blogging (that's YOU!) about my weight loss journey, and I still share it weekly. Along the way, my husband was inspired to change his eating habits as well. His good choices aided my success, and he lost 48 pounds in the meantime!
In January of 2010, I reached my goal weight and in February I became a Lifetime Member, down 67 pounds (now 74!!!). People ask me, “What’s your secret?” It’s no secret: I was determined to get healthy, and now I am armed with lifestyle changes that will allow me live at this weight for a lifetime. I look forward to trying again for a baby, but this time as a healthier, stronger and happier version of myself – ready to be a better Mom.
The first time I joined Weight Watchers Online in 2001, I lost all my weight and promptly cancelled my subscription. The weight was back within 2 years, plus 20 more. Before my wedding, I decided to do Weight Watchers “on my own” – no meetings, no online tools, just me. I lost the weight, but I was “dieting” by limiting myself. The old habits quickly came back, and so did the old weight – plus 20 more. After the miscarriages in 2009, I rejoined Weight Watchers, this time deciding it was the last time; determined to lose every pound and keep it off.
That night in June I weighed in at 211.6 pounds and my amazing leader captivated me that first meeting. What I learned each week changed my life. Losing weight takes being in control of what I eat, not letting it control me. Since June, I have tracked every bite I have put in my mouth, even on the bad days. Exercise has been a huge part of my journey, and I can do things I never thought possible. My meetings are my “me time”, and I make them a priority. The friends I have there keep me accountable and are invaluable to me. In addition, I started blogging (that's YOU!) about my weight loss journey, and I still share it weekly. Along the way, my husband was inspired to change his eating habits as well. His good choices aided my success, and he lost 48 pounds in the meantime!
In January of 2010, I reached my goal weight and in February I became a Lifetime Member, down 67 pounds (now 74!!!). People ask me, “What’s your secret?” It’s no secret: I was determined to get healthy, and now I am armed with lifestyle changes that will allow me live at this weight for a lifetime. I look forward to trying again for a baby, but this time as a healthier, stronger and happier version of myself – ready to be a better Mom.
And here I am - before and after. A year in the making.
Thanks for sticking with me.
Thanks for sticking with me.










3 comments:
Awesome post, Jen...
I am just amazed at how far you have come in a year. You are just amazing... all I can say! :)
I feel so honored to have been able to read along with you and grow our friendship as well! Congrats, and keep it coming!
Post a Comment