Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Weighing in
So with Weight Watchers, I weigh in at my meeting place once a week. Normally, I weigh myself at home almost every day in between, because I seem to be obsessive. I freak out when things get higher than I want them to be, and remind myself constantly that a bottle of water = 1 lb of weight, so I shouldn't feel discouraged. So, this week, I'm trying something different. I put the scale away. After my weigh in Monday night at WW, I hid it from myself and decided I'm not taking it out again until Monday right before my meeting. Does anyone else weigh themselves every day? Does anyone else NOT - and maybe just do once a week? I'm thinking of Rachel who's been doing the weight loss challenge and wonder how often you weigh yourself, Rach? I'm taking a risk, wondering if it could affect my weight loss for this week, but also knowing that I'm staying within my points, like I normally do, and I should be fine! I'll be interested to see if I can handle giving up that control. Any thoughts from others???
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
When I am on a roll I do typically weigh myself every morning throughout the week. However, when I take a day or two off to enjoy myself I will wait one to two days before I weigh myself again. The good news is that even after two days of major splurging, I am right back where I should be about two days later (ssometimes 3!). It is hard. I also feel like I weight myself too often. It has been encouraging throughout the challenge to see the weight go down every day, but it can be hard when things go up. Brian and I both said that we think we should weigh ourselves every 3 days. I also try to follow the 3 pound rule. If my weight goes up by 3 or more pounds I start REALLY watching again...like no carbs for a few days. However, if it is less than 3, it usually all balances out in the end as long as you are continuing to follow your chosen plan. I think it is probably a good idea to put the scale away for a week. It is soooooo easy to get obsessed! Keep us posted on how it goes!
Post a Comment