Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Mama Body Update

It's been a while since I wrote my last blog.  I have done well with some of my commitments, and not as well with others.  One thing I have done very well with: I have NOT said negative things about the way I look.  That, for me, is a HUGE transformation.

I really thought, when I wrote that blog, that I didn't want to commit to a specific meal plan or exercise routine.  Well, that changed in a hurry (I'm a woman, I'm allowed to change my mind ;) ). I talked with another friend who was committing to her health as well, and decided to give something new a try.  I would try the 21 Day Fix eating plan, but wouldn't commit to the workouts, so that I didn't feel too much pressure if I wasn't able to get a work out in.  I started that meal plan, which was actually much simpler than I expected and breaks everything down for me as to what to eat when.  I bumped myself up a calorie level so that I would have enough calories to support my breastfeeding.  Then, I was going to have to weigh myself.

I thought my weight was 182.1 (that was where it was when I weighed myself before), but I had some "last hurrah" eating moments, including a sleeve of Thin Mints after a rough bedtime.  So, I weighed myself on Sunday, March 20.  I was at 185.4.  OUCH.  But there it was.

21 Day Fix gives me containers to use - green = veggies, purple = fruit, red = protein, etc.  I eat a certain amount of those each day.  I hopped on the elliptical Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday, too.  Well, wouldn't you know, when the new workouts came, I started it on Thursday.  Turns out, eating well gave me more energy.  I weighed myself again Easter morning.  I almost fell off the scale.  178.5!  WHOA.  That's about 7 pounds in 7 days.  I talked with my coach and have made some adjustments for breastfeeding, but WOW.  What a huge difference.  And I feel amazing.

Matt has been sticking to this, too.  He has eaten 6 servings of vegetables and 4 servings of fruits EVERY DAY since Sunday the 20th.  If you know Matt, you know what a HUGE accomplishment this is!  He has lost about 5-6 pounds as well.  We are doing the workouts, we're sore, and we're loving the way we feel.

I want you to know, I have some things that I have recorded that I LOVE about my Mama Body:
- I love that my breasts make milk that feeds and sustains my son.
- I love that my legs are STRONG and have always been a source of power in my body.
- I love that my stomach has some stretch marks - none of them came during pregnancy.  They were all from being heavy before, and they are a testament to my previous journey.
- I love my hair.  It's funky and fun :)
- I love my heart - both physical and proverbial.  My physical heart has some issues, but has kept me going for this long!  MY proverbial heart struggles to be the Christian I should be, but strives to do better every day.  (that counts as 2 ;) )
- I love my arms.  They are strong enough to hold babies - sometimes all 3 at once.

Stick with me on this journey.  Keep me accountable and ask me how I'm doing.  So far, I'm loving this plan.  I eat - a lot - and I love it.  I get to enjoy delicious foods and feel amazing.  I am looking forward to seeing where my body is at the end of this 21 days.  And then - we'll be doing it again.  This meal plan will be the new "normal", not just a quick fix.  The workouts I will do another round of, to improve and grow, and then on to something else.  My prayer is that my knees will be ready to run again soon :)

Thank you for the outpouring of love that you shared with me when I blogged before.  Keep it coming.  You have no idea how much it means to me and how much it motivates me!

No comments: