Friday, September 28, 2012

For her

Tomorrow I run farther than I've ever run before.  13.1 miles.  I'm so excited, and I'm so scared.  I'm ready, and I feel so unprepared.  I have a shirt, from Matt, that says "I DID IT - 13.1" (Matt may not be mentioned below, but he has been the most AMAZING rock and support to me thoughout this training, and I can't wait to see him at that finish line!).  I can't wait to wear that shirt all day tomorrow after my race.  I'm doing it.  And I'm doing it for her



I'm doing it for her:

My friend, Amanda, who is fighting to be the best wife and mom she can, under unbeatable odds.  Her husband, Mike, is fighting brain cancer.  Their son, Noah, is just 4 months old.  Amanda is such an inspiration to me.  She is an amazing mom, friend, wife, and Christian - through it all.  I was only able to raise $265 for her and her family, but I'm still doing it for her. 




I'm doing it for her:


This is my friend, Jen (pictured with newborn Kate!).  She has been my running coach/cheerleader since the first run I took.  She ran with me when my pace was glacial.  She ran with me when I could only run one minute at a time.  She was the first one I called when I ran a "whole mile" without stopping.  She'll be there tomorrow.  I'm running it for her.




I'm doing it for her:

My sister, Gwen (also pictured with Kate - 6 months :) - fun to have her in so many pics, too!).  If everything had gone according to plan, I wouldn't be running this race tomorrow.  I'd be in Wisconsin, celebrating my sister's wedding.  The love of her life broke her heart and she is in my prayers daily.  Though I'm excited about my race, I wish I was in Wisconsin instead.  So, I'm running it for her.





I'm doing it for her:
This is my mom, Fran (and newborn Kate again!).  31 years (and 4 days) ago, she was awaiting my arrival, just as she will be awaiting my finish at Canal Park tomorrow.  She chose to give me life, even when the doctors said that I could be born different.  She chose to give me life, even though they said it would risk her life.  I'm so happy she'll be there tomorrow, and I'm running it for her.




I'm doing it for her:

This is Jen Rahde in May of 2008.  She was not healthy, and she was pregnant.  This was right before my second miscarriage.   I'm doing this race for her because she would have never believed this was possible.  She did not love herself, but she does now.  In 2009, she said she'd never be able to run more than a 5K.  But tomorrow, she (I am) is running 13.1.  I'm doing it for her.





And lastly, I'm doing it for her:

You've seen her in many pictures above.  It's my girl, Kate.  I'm doing this race for her because I want her to grow up seeing a HAPPY and HEALTHY mommy.  It has nothing to do with being skinny, I want her to know how to grow up taking care of and loving herself.  I want her to grow up praising God and being thankful for the blessings in life.  I want to be a shining light for my daughter and any children to come.  Tomorrow, I'm doing it for her. 

No comments: