Kate was 39 weeks and 5 days in, and now has been 39 weeks and 5 days out - and she is doing the most amazing things! It may sound like I'm bragging, and maybe I am a little. Truly, that's not my intention. As in my previous post, I'm just truly amazed at the miracle she is. Thinking about how much she has changed, first from being 2 cells forming inside me, to being born 39 weeks and 5 days ago, to what she can do today - all of it just blows me away. I know many babies are doing these things at this age, and probably a lot more, too - it's not about that. It's about celebrating the miracle that Kate is!!!!!
So, as promised...here are a few of my favorite KATE things...
1. Bathing her while she's standing up, because ALL SHE WANTS is to pull herself up in the tub. Toys don't exist there right now (maybe new Christmas bath toys will be a distraction?)
2. She shows us that she is SO BIG - with her arms. And when she does it, she smashes her face - it's hilarious. Grandma Puster taught her that. :)
3. She makes a grunting sound that is supposed to be "ruff". She does it when we ask her what the doggy says and when she sees a dog. Grandma Rahde taught her that. :)
Here's a video of her doing a few fun things! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrUtYOAHTAE
4. She'll give you a five, a hug, or a kiss - if you ask for it :) (Here are some kiss videos:)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7E1gxs6yRIM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyFQOlPooik
5. She can tell me, in rough baby sign language, that she wants "more".
6. Drinking from a straw!
7. Riding in her big-girl car seat.
8. Army crawling EVERYWHERE. No need to be on my knees, guys. :)
9. Talking a blue streak - whether it's b sounds, m sounds, p sounds, or just jibberish. And she is saying "up"!
10. She still nurses 5 times a day and still seems to be a breast milk addict. Fine by me!
11. Her dancing. It's AWESOME. Here's a link to a video of it. AWESOME.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzFB0I_1Tg4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2K0DcdZAgM
12. She can find my nose! Yeah, mine, not hers yet, but we're getting there!
13. Much to the sadness of her daddy, she is a mommy's girl right now - I am all she wants. While it can be very tiring at times, I've waited a long time for a baby to want ME. :)
14. She loves to snuggle first thing in the morning if I get in there fast enough :)
39 weeks and 5 days ago, I only knew her inside my belly. She was active and busy even then, and I loved her so much - never thought I could love a baby more. Little did I know what a wonderful blessing and adventure she would be!
Looking forward to many, many more adventures to come.
Oh, and I set this entry to post at 1:33 PM. That was the exact time Kate was born. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment