This Thursday, we will hit 20 weeks. We will officially be half way through our pregnancy! It is so unreal that we have gotten this far and it's gone so fast. However, I feel like we have SO MUCH to go. 20 MORE WEEKS????? That means 20 more weeks of uncertainty and worrying about keeping Roo well in there, but also 20 more weeks of kicks, rolls and flutters. It means 20 more weeks of gaining weight, but 20 more weeks of having a fun pregnancy belly. It means 20 more weeks of waiting, but 20 more weeks to get ready for this new baby (and it will go fast and there's SO MUCH to do)! And here's a thought - what if it's not 20 more? A lot of people deliver early - by 2-3 weeks. So I know that I'm welcoming an onslaught of comments, so let me say these things first:
1. I LOVE BEING PREGNANT.
2. I love feeling my baby move.
3. I am so humbled by this experience, knowing God has trusted me with carrying one of His precious children into this world.
4. I have a right to be uncertain and worried. We've been through a lot to get here.
5. I'm human and female, so I worry about weight gain, but I've stopped weighing myself and figure if I put on 30 or 60 pounds, what matters is - I WANT A HEALTHY BABY.
6. I want this baby home more than I've wanted anything ever.
20 weeks.
20 to go.
Please keep praying for us all.
(as Roo kicks...)
No comments:
Post a Comment